Give your body and your mind a break in a restorative yoga position called “Child’s Pose.”
- Sit back on heels with the insides of legs and feet touching.
- Lean forward, bowing torso over thighs and lowering forehead to the ground.
- Extend arms forward, palms down.
- Relax into the pose, widening knees or bending elbows a bit for maximum comfort.
- Focus on breathing, taking 4-8 counts for each inhale and exhale…relaxing deeper into the pose with each exhale.
Relaxing into Child’s Pose for one minute calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue, while gently stretching the hips, thighs, and ankles. It can help relieve back and neck pain when done with the head.