How much of your anxiety is actually created by you? We may not want to admit this, but I really find that it’s true for most people. Can you answer YES to any of these questions:
- Are you harder on yourself than you are on others?
- Are you your own worst critic?
- Do you hold yourself to very high standards?
- Do you criticize yourself?
- Are you a perfectionist?
- Do you judge or blame yourself?
All of these tendencies contribute to anxiety. These habits can be hard to break. First become aware of doing these things. Then see if you can find a small way to be just a little gentler on yourself. Be at least as kind to yourself as you would be to others (even MORE kind to yourself would be EVEN BETTER!!!).