Eight Questions That Can Help You Survive Election Anxiety
Got Election Anxiety?
A recent APA survey found that this election is a significant source of stress for more than two-thirds of American adults! You knew you weren’t alone, right?!?
My friends at Greater Good Magazine came up with THIS GREAT ARTICLE: Eight Questions That Can Help You Survive Election Stress.
Spoiler alert: Here are the 8 great questions – I found them interesting and helpful!
Please read their WHOLE ARTICLE for great information to help you answer each question.
1. What’s happening in my body and mind today?
2. If I’m feeling distress, what can I do to soothe myself?
3. Am I getting enough good news?
4. When do I feel good about the election?
5. What am I grateful for today?
6. How can I connect with other people?
7. In light of this election, what are some new ways I can use my special skills or talents to make a difference in the broader world?
8. What future would I like to see—and what steps am I taking today to make that future happen?
To Help with Being Centered and Soothing Yourself
Mindfulness for Anxiety Relief
Mindfulness/Self-Compassion to Calm Anxiety
Self-Soothe with Self-Compassion
To Help with Gratitude
How to Use Gratitude for Stress and Anxiety Relief
Balance out the negative news on TV and social media with The Good News Network.
To Help in Dealing with Extreme Times
Dealing with Difficult People in Extreme Times