Sit in a comfortable position and begin to focus on your breathing. Breathe slowly in and breathe slowly out. As you focus on relaxing one muscle group at a time from head to toe, you will repeat to yourself silently:
- Ten, I am getting more and more relaxed.
- Nine, my forehead is relaxed.
- Eight, my shoulders are relaxed.
- Seven, my arms and hands are relaxed.
- Six, my chest is relaxed.
- Five, my stomach is relaxed.
- Four, my hips are relaxed.
- Three, my thighs are relaxed.
- Two, my feet are relaxed.
- One, I am deeply, deeply relaxed.
Then just continue breathing and noticing the relaxation in your body for another minute (or even longer!)